2017 Hosted Tour of Sicily
October 14 - 21, 2017 - Sold Out
October 28 - November 4, 2017 - Sold Out
Our Luxury Villa in eastern Sicily
Front of Villa
Al Fresco Dining
Main Living Room
Villa Drawing Room
Villa entry hallway
Sample of Bedrooms (8 total)
View from Master with Balcony
View from one of the Master Bedrooms
Sample of Bathrooms - All with ensuite bath
Beautiful Villa Pool
Villa Location - Eastern Sicily
Inside: the accommodation is in two main buildings. We will be in the main house with 8 bedrooms. The original Casale is structured as follows: the main entrance takes you left into the house and straight on to the garden. Inside the house, on the ground floor is the wonderfully fitted kitchen, dining room and a sequence of reception areas leading through arched doorways to a large living area with open fireplace and doors leading to the garden. Upstairs is accommodation for eight in four double bedrooms. Above the main living area is accommodation for a further six people in three beautifully appointed rooms with en-suite bathrooms and an 8th double bedroom with en-suite bathroom is situated on the ground floor. All bedrooms have air conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. 8 bathrooms have a shower and a tub while the other 4 have commodious showers.
Outside: you will be absolutely charmed by the colourful, fragrant grounds whose design harks back to the Arabic belief that gardens should be a place of delight and wonder. Extensive outside living areas, with terraces for dining and relaxing, lead down, via manicured lawns and lush, perfumed Mediterranean flora, past the panoramic Jacuzzi, to the beautiful heated pool and yet more flourishing, luxuriant greenery. The views from the gardens to the sea are interrupted only by large expanses of citrus groves,while in the opposite direction, you will become transfixed by the awe-inspiring sight of Mount Etna... All in all this is one of the most spectacular locations in Sicily.
Service at Our Luxury Villa in Sicily
What you can expect
Arrival at our Villa augurs well! The gracious owner and her discreet, efficient and ever-smiling staff are waiting to greet you and whisk you off to the panoramic garden terrace for some well-deserved refreshments.
As you take in your magical surroundings with a glass in hand, the staff delivers your luggage to your rooms and the kitchen and dining room, making preparations for your first memorable dinner. Earlier in the day, the cook and the owner visited their trusted suppliers to source the evenings ingredients, a daily ritual that ensures only the freshest and finest produce finds its way to your table. Most of the dishes you will enjoy during your time at Don Arcangelo allOlmo follow recipes that have been passed down through generations of the owners aristocratic family. You will not find them anywhere else and once youve tried them you may well abandon any plans to eat out.
At 7.30pm aperitifs are served on the sea-view terrace and then, as the gong for dinner sounds, you are invited to be seated. You may choose to dine al fresco under a canopy of scented jasmine, or in the warm, welcoming dining room. Your white-gloved, uniformed (but ever smiling) waiters bring you course after delicious course and ensure there is always a good supply of excellent local wine on the beautifully prepared table. After dinner, a stroll around the fragrant gardens and a nightcap under the stars prepares you for an excellent nights sleep.
Our Sicily villa is a fully staffed villa with a team of cooks, maids, waiters and a gardener. Professional, discreet and with many years of experience, they offer an impeccable level of service that is at once efficient, welcoming and pampering.
The staffs main duties are as follow:
- Daily maid service throughout the property
- Supervision of the perfect functioning of the villa, the swimming pool and other facilities
- Food shopping and preparation of all meals
- Waiter service at dinner
- Maintenance of the gardens (a gardener will usually come early morning)
The staff are available from about 09.00 (for breakfast service) to around 22.00 (end of dinner service) with a 3-hour break in the afternoon (from about 14.30 to 17.30).
* including Sundays and Bank Holidays. Mid-week change of bed linen and towels (normally on Wednesday).
Meals are generally served at the following times:
- Breakfast* between 9.00 and 10.30
- Lunch* at around 13.00
- Dinner at around 20.00 with aperitif from 19.30
Below are some of the great experiences we can easily do from our base. 5 6 activities will be chosen for our week. You will receive a full listing once the villa is booked.
- Journey to the biggest active volcano peak, Mount Etna via 4X4s followed by lunch of local specialties.
- Wine tastings at Benanti winery, based at their family home in a charming village on the flanks of Mr. Etna and touted as the father of the new era of Etna quality wines. Next, onto Planeta visiting their new winery, Feudo di Mezzo and the historic vineyard where we will enjoy a tasting and lunch
- Day trip to Siracua, a 2,700 year old city near the sea touted by the Greek world. Well visit archaeological museum, main park of Neapolis to name a few. Onto Ortygia and the Apollo Temple, the famed Arethusa fountain & Baroque Piazza del Duomo.
- Day trip to Taormina, guided by an archaeologist offering insights into Tarominas outstanding historical, architectural & cultural heritage, which made it a compulsory stop on the Grand Tour.
- Day trip to Piazza Armerina and Villa Romana del Casale, made a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. We will explore this area with an archeologist to learn about this important governmental residence dating back to the 4th century A.D. Time permitting well take a side trip to Caltagirone known as the city of Sicilian ceramics.
- Cooking & Food Tasting There are a variety of cooking and food tasting opportunities in this area that will be explored as some can be combined with touring Catania or Syracusa.
- Relax at our luxury villa and enjoy all it and the grounds have to offer. We will be joined by the owners who are experts in Sicilian for an information cooking experience followed by dinner.
The per person rate will be 3600 - 3800 euros/person double occupancy excluding airfare. Single suppliments are 2000 euros & limited. There are 4 Master bedrooms and 4 Deluxe bedrooms all with ensuite bathrooms. Doubles and Twin beds are available. Deposit of $1500/person will reserve your spot. Fully refundable if cancelled due to low occupancy.
The week will include all breakfasts and dinners and most lunches during excursions and of course Sicilian wine throughout. Transfers, excursions, wine tastings and cooking class(s) included.
To reserve your spot please fill out the form. Space is limited and expected to fill quickly!
Looking forward to welcoming you in Sicily!
Designing Italy LLC
Ginger Pozzini, Italian Travel Specialist
1645 Century Avenue, Newport, MN
Phone:651-768-0542 Fax: 651-769-2863
Copyright © 2002 - 2016 Ginger Pozzini, all rights reserved.
powered by intuitive-websites.com